Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags
Updated for 2016!
Sold in Pairs
Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags are the largest, most comprehensive saddle bags we have ever produced, the result of years of R&D testing and refinement with a World Class R&D team. A secure mounting and compression system keeps these in place on virtually any side rack using the included Universal Saddlebag Straps, while still allowing quick release from the side racks. Internal stiffeners, held in sleeves, secure the load making them become almost rigid and firm, not floppy. Flexi-Side Panels allow both smaller and larger loads to be compressed securely. And we've added a grab handle on each bag.
Packing and unpacking is made easier due to a subtle cone shape -- the top is slightly wider than the bottom. The included waterproof liners roll and buckle closed, slide in and out easily and make it simple to keep gear dry. The liners are made from durable polyurethane-coated nylon with sealed seams to keep water out, and are yellow, making it easier to see items inside. Total capacity is a voluminous 33 liters for each bag.
These bags are sewn in Wolfman's USA facility utilizing our own custom vinyl-coated 1680 denier ballistics nylon fabric. The bags have a 35oz. vinyl bottom to compliment 22oz. vinyl back and front accents. Reflective striping runs horizontally from front to back. D-rings on the top and front of each bag allow easy attachment of a Small or Medium Rolie Bag as a top bag for even more capacity or just for convenience. Or add a Wolf Bottle Holster for fuel or water.
For 2016 we made the following improvements to these already great saddlebags:
- Flexi-Side Panels which allow a much wider range of capacity -- between 23 and 33 liters -- plus improve load compression and create a more stable and secure connection to the side racks
- The internal stiffeners are now in sleeves
- 2" top compression buckles provide better load management and stability
- Four 2" D-rings on each bag for more accessory options, like a Rolie Bag or Wolf Bottle Holster
- Revised shape to keep bags level to side racks
- Revised waterproof removable liners
- More tailored appearance
- Heavy Duty 1680 denier custom vinyl coated ballistic nylon
- 35oz. vinyl bottom
- 22oz. vinyl back, front mounts and removable Back Pad
- Ultra Secure 6-point mounting system per bag using heavy Duty 1" metal cam buckles
- Reflective striping
- Carry Handle
- Legendary Wolfman Quality Materials and Construction
These saddlebags will mount to a wide variety of racks with the included Universal Saddlebag Straps. Racks must be oval/rectangle shaped and height of hoop (top to bottom) must not exceed 9.5 inches (24cm). We've specifically tested them with these racks:
- SW Motech
These Saddle Bags also work well with any of these Tail Bags:
Rocky Mountain Saddlebags attach to side racks with the included Universal Saddlebag Straps.
We took the whole process from concept, design and manufacturing very seriously, to make one of the finest large-capacity soft saddle bags anywhere.
- Length: 16" / 41cm top, 15" / 38cm bottom
- Width: 10.5" / 27cm top, 8" / 20cm bottom
- Height: 13"-16" / 33cm-41cm depending on amount of roll
- 23 liters expanding to 33 liters each, so up to 66 liters per pair
- or 1400 cu.in expanding to 2015 cu.in. each. Up to 4030 cu.in per pair
- Bag: Black with black vinyl
- Liner: Yellow